Friday 19 June 2015

Use A Pc Memory Finder

PC Memory Finder can help choose the right memory upgrade


Before you toss out that slow computer, save some money and consider upgrading the memory. It's an inexpensive way to prolong your computer's life and make it faster. If you have less than 1GB of memory, you can probably get by for a couple more years with just a memory upgrade. You'll need to know a few things about your PC before you use a memory finder to help you find which memory is right for your PC.


Instructions


1. HOW MUCH MEMORY DO YOU ALREADY HAVE? -- You need to know what your current memory amount is before you can know how much you are able to buy to max it out. I can help you if you have a Windows PC: Right-Click your My Computer icon. Click on Properties and the System Properties window should display. On the General tab of System Properties, you'll see a list of information, and at the bottom is 'Computer:' which has your memory size in it. For example, mine says AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2500+ 1.83GHz, 1.50 GB of RAM. So I have 1.5GB of RAM (I'm maxxed out!).


2. WHO MADE YOUR COMPUTER? -- Or, more specifically, who made your computer's motherboard? Most of the time, the name on the outside of your computer case, like Dell Latitude, HP Brio, Gateway FX8020, eMachines eTower 700, is all you need to know. In my case, I built my own PC from pieces I bought, and I know my motherboard is made by MSI and is called a K7N2 Delta Platinum. You can open your case and find the same information on your motherboard too.


3. NOW FIND YOUR MEMORY -- Armed with your computer info, you can now shop for memory. Personally, I like to buy quality and pay a little more, so I buy from reputable manufacturers. In the past I have bought memory from Micron/Crucial, Kingston and Corsair and have not had a problem. I'll give you some links below to these companies.


4. BUY YOUR MEMORY -- Once you found what the part number or type of memory you need, and how much you can fit in your PC, find the cheapest source to buy from. Again, I like to buy from reputable retailers who might exchange or refund your purchase if you chose the wrong memory or it doesn't work right. I have bought from Amazon.com, Newegg.com and also directly from the manufacturer site when they're having a sale.

Tags: need know, from reputable, have bought, Memory Finder, memory upgrade, System Properties, your computer